Budd MacKenzie, our founder, enjoys talking to groups about the challenges encountered in bringing education, economic and reconstruction aid to Afghanistan. He’s been to Afghanistan 15 times over the past six years and plans to continue going twice a year. Budd is available to speak to organizations and schools throughout the Bay Area. He would be happy to travel anywhere else, too, if expenses are covered. Contact us and we can plan a date.
Many speaking engagements are open to the public. Some organizations request that you please call the coordinator if you would like to attend.
2013 Speaking Engagements
- February 7, 2013: Lafayette United Methodist Church at 1:00pm 925-284-5173
Open to the Public
- March 1, 2013: Indian Valley Elementary School at 8:30am
- March 6, 2013: Corte Madera School at 9:00am
- March 22, 2013: Futures Explored, Lafayette at 1:00pm
- March 29, 2013: World Affairs Council of Northern California - 5:00 – 7:00pm
- June 17, 2013: Lasallian Youth Assembly at 7:00pm
2012 Speaking Engagements
- 1/6/12: Walnut Creek Methodist Senior Group
- 1/9/12: SIRS/Mt. Diablo Chapter
- 2/4/12: Open to Public: Diablo Valley Literary Council @ 10 am at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, 4000 Clayton Rd., Concord, CA 94521. Please contact Kris Torske to attend 925 283- 2428
- 2/8/12: Happy Valley Elementary School, Lafayette, CA.
- 3/2/12: Indian Valley Elementary School, Walnut Creek, CA.
- 3/4/12: UC Berkeley Afghan Student Association’s Culture Show at the UC Berkeley Pauley Ballroom MLK, Jr. Student Union. Doors open at 4:00pm, Budd will speak at 4:30pm. 2475 Bancroft Way at Telegraph in Berkeley, CA. Tickets $15. Benefit for the Afghan Family and Education Sponsorship Foundation.
- 3/7/12: Open to other Rotarians: Orinda Rotary Club @noon.
- 3/16/12: Burton Valley Elementary School, Lafayette, CA. @ 1:00
- 3/18/12: American Association of University Women (AAUW) Acalanes school program @5:00pm
- 3/26/12: Springhill Elementary School, Lafayette, CA. @ 11am
- 4/12/12: Stanley Middle School GRO club
- 4/13/12: Stanley Middle School assembly
- 6/1/12: Walnut Creek Methodist Senior Group Luncheon at The Vintage Kensington Retirement Community
- 6/4/12: Corte Madera
- 10/12/12: SIRS/Branch 26. Francesco’s Restaurant (at Hegenberger Road)8520 Pardee Drive Oakland, CA 94621 @11am
- 10/30/12: Open to All Rotarians: San Ramon Rotary Club at Crow Canyon Country Club @ 7:00am
- 12/11/12: Mount Diablo Peace Center
- 1/13/11: Pleasant Hill Rotary Club, Pleasant Hill
- 1/17/11: Tri Valley Democratic Club, Dublin
- 2/10/11: California High School, San Ramon
- 2/24/11: Open to Public: San Ramon Rotary Club @ 12 noon Crow Canyon Country Club.
Please contact Gary Slone to attend 925 275-8228
- 3/7/11: Open to Public: Brentwood Rotary Club @ 12 noon at the Nines Grill and Bar Restaurant,
100 Summerset Drive Brentwood, CA 94513
- 3/16/11: Open to Public: Fremont/Warm Springs Rotary Club @ 7:15 am 47000 Lakeview Drive, Fremont.
Please contact Don Brown to attend 510 870-6366
- 3/22/11: Open to Public: Moraga Rotary Club @ 12 pm St Mary’s College Soda Center.
Please contact Frank May to attend 925 376-819
- 3/24/11: Mills High School, Millbrae
- 5/10/11: Burton Valley Elementary School, Lafayette
- 5/13/11: Stanley Middle School, Lafayette
- 5/16/11: Happy Valley Elementary School, Lafayette
- 5/17/11: Corte Madera School, Portola Valley
- 5/26/11: Amador Valley High School, Pleasanton
- 6/1/11: Open to Public: Concord-Diablo Rotary Club @12:15 PM Concord Crowne Plaza Hotel, 45 John Glenn Drive, Concord. Please contact Jeff Kasper to attend 925-586-8616
- 6/7/11: Open to Public: Danville- Sycamore Valley Rotary Club @7 am Crow Canyon Country Club. Please contact Stephen Makae to attend 925-381-1480
- 10/8/11: Open to Public: Americans for Philanthrophy @ 6-10 pm Diablo Country Club, 1700 Club House Rd Diablo, CA 94528. $125 per ticket dinner and entertainment. For tickets contact email@example.com
- 10/22/11: Open to Public: Rebuild Afghan Summit, University of California, Berkeley. For more information, see www.afghansummit.org
- 10/24/11: Open to Public: Mt. Diablo Home Economists program@ 10:30 am Youth room of St. Matthew Lutheran Church, 399 Wiget Lane, Walnut Creek, CA. Please call Nancy at (925) 933-5588 to attend.
- 10/25/11: Open to Public: Belvedere Tiberon Library @ 7:30 pm, 1501 Tiberon Blvd, Tiberon, CA
- 10/31/11: World Affairs Council of Philadelphia, Student Programs
- 11/1/11: Open to Public: Middle East Center, University of Pennsylvania @ 4:30 pm, 210 South 34th Street, Meyerson Hall B4, Philadelphia, PA
- 11/1/11: Open to Public: Moonstone Arts Center, Philadelphia @ 7:30 pm 110A S. 13th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- 11/2/11: Penn Club of New York City
- 11/3/11: Open to Public: Center for Global Development, St. John’s University @ 1:50-3:15, 8000 Utopia Parkway, D’Angelo Center, Rm. 406, Queens, NY
- 11/16/11: SIRS/ San Ramon
- 11/22/11 Corte Madera School, Portola Valley
- 11/30/11: Open to Public: Acalanes High School @ 7:30 pm, Performing Arts Center, 1200 Pleasant Hill Road, Lafayette, CA.
- 1/6/10: SIRS/ Moraga
- 1/14/10: Millbrae Rotary Club, Millbrae
- 1/27/10: World Affairs Council, Marin
- 2/2/10: Danville Sycamore Rotary Club, Danville
- 2/16/10: American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- 2/18/10: Alamo Church, Alamo
- 3/4/10: Lafayette Rotary Club, Lafayette
- 3/8/10: “Moraga Movers” @ St. Mary’s College Soda Center, Moraga
- 3/10/10: Walnut Creek’s Neighbors and Newcomers, Walnut Creek
- 3/19/10: Joaquin Moraga Intermediate School, Moraga
- 4/21/10: Radio Interview “New America Now”
- 4/27/10: Stanley Middle School, Lafayette
- 4/29/10: Stanley Middle School, Lafayette
- 5/3/10: Springhill Elementary School, Lafayette
- 5/4/10: Happy Valley Elementary School, Lafayette
- 5/11/10: Corte Madera School, Portola Valley
- 5/12/10: SIRS/ Moraga
- 5/17/10: Friends of the Library
- 5/24/10: Burton Valley Elementary School, Lafayette
- 9/9/10: SIRS
- 9/14/10: Kiwanis Club Walnut Creek
- 10/5/10: SIRS/ Rossmoor
- 10/9/10: Corte Madera School, Portola Valley
- 10/18/10: SIRS, Walnut Creek
- 10/21/10: St Mary’s College, Moraga
- 10/26/10: St John Vianney Catholic Church, Walnut Creek
- 10/28/10: Lafayette Rotary Club, Lafayette
- 11/4/10: John F Kennedy University, Pleasant Hill
- 11/16/10: Beach School, Piedmont
- 11/18/10: World Affairs Council, Los Altos